Bombolessé is a tropical fiesta band that gets THINKERS DANCING & DANCERS THINKING
"They fired up the place, everyone was dancing, everyone was up on the tables !" (France-Grimaldi - Radio-Canada)
The 7 versatile musicians from all over the world get young people from 4 to 84 yod to dance and sing with them in French, Portuguese and Spanish and Creole!
Since 2003 the band has played over +800 shows in +10 countries (Festival de Jazz de Montreal, Francofolies, Musiques d'ici et d'Ailleurs FR, Afrolatino B, SOB's de NY, Carnaval de Rio, etc.)
"Perfectly lit up!" (Yves Bernard - Le Devoir)
Their repertoire is made of 3 albums (All went #1 on Radio Montréal) with the latest « Vice & Versa » nominated best world album at GAMIQ.
The band leader Julien Álvarez Thomet is a Cuban-born Franco-Spanish Bassist/Singer raised in Brazil. His tropical background is behind the concepts, writing and production of all albums, shows, videos, photo shoots.
His ideas come alive thanks to a multilingual multi instrumental band:
- On Keyboard/Accordean/Singer, Alix Noël a Montreal born Haitian gives a creole touch to the singing. He also contributes to lyrics and songwriting.
- Martin Bonin, the band's percussionist founded Zuruba, Montreal's biggest samba school! He is responsible for all the percussive breaks and the rhythm fusions in the songs that he developed with his yearly participation at Salvador’s Carnaval.
- Recently settled from Brazil is the drummer Aquiles Melo. He is the explorer in the band. Not afraid to try everything out he also manages to play samba on the drums and run the sequences! An octopus!!!
- From Recife, André Galamba’s guitar adds a manguebeat craziness to the songs. His batida is the rhythmic foundation of the songs.
- On flute and saxophone Guillaume Larouche brings a smile to every song!!! His musical genius helps all the horn and vocal arrangements to hold together.
- And last but not least, Dominique Poirier gets everyone wild with her thrusting trombone and her wild dance steps!
Bombolessé is "another example of this great Montreal world music scene" (Ralph Boncy - VOIR)
On recording or live, Bombolessé is a fountain of pleasure ready to please everyone!